Basic Routing Guide
Utilizing Inter-App Audio (IAA), Audiobus and CoreMIDI (possibly at the same time) may lead to confusion as to what route a signal takes.
This page illustrates the types and routing of the connections available.
- Instrument: Receives MIDI from Cubasis and transmits audio back (not the other way round).
- Generator: Sends Audio only to Cubasis (no MIDI).
- Effect: Receives, processes and sends Audio. Some effects can receive MIDI data from Cubasis.
- Audiobus transmits audio as well as MIDI signals.
- Signals travel from input to effect to output.
- Cubasis can be set as input, output or both.
- If Cubasis is selected as output, either the effect app will appear as possible Audiobus input or the input directly, if no effect is present.
- Either connect Cubasis directly to another MIDI app / external device or
- Use Virtual MIDI where all enabled apps send and receive among each other.